Manhattan/December 9th 1984
- Currently Resides:
Current shop name/location:
Art2Ink/New York, NY
What sparked your love of art?:
I’ve been drawing since I was 5 years old. I’ve always loved art.
- How’d you end up becoming a tattoo artist?
I was getting tattooed and watching the artist thinking to myself that I could do it too. I asked one of my artist at the time and he told me to prove that I was serious by buying a tattoo started kit. I was selling drugs at the time and I had to make a decision to either re-up or buy the kit. I decided on the kit and here we are today.
- Most memorable tattoo you’ve done:
“Niggaz Aint Shit” on the back of girl from shoulder to shoulder. I was laughing the whole time.
- Have you ever tattooed yourself?:
Yes. Of course. A couple times.
- How do you handle negative feedback?
Have to take the good with the bad because not everyone is going to like your work.
Any tattoos you refuse to do because of any reason like the idea/placement?:
Nothing racist or satanic.
What signature style do you think you excel in?
- What has been the biggest change in your life since you’ve became more popular?
Opening this shop with Puma as the co-owner.
- What has been the biggest positive change in your life since your television appearance?
All of the congratulations.
- What has been the biggest negative change in your life since your television appearance?
All of the phoneys. The people from the past who try to pop back up when they realize that I’m doing something with my life. I don’t pay them any mind because if they weren’t fucking with me back then, then don’t try to fuck with me now.
- What moment so far in your career that you think you will never forget?
When I opened my very first business. I was scared of not having the safety not of working for someone else and being responsible for paying the bills. You have to have confidence in yourself and not to be scared to lose.
If you were not a tattoo artist, what would you be?
I would be in the music industry. In 2002 I was working for Jay-Z’s Roc-A-Fella Records. All of my friends who worked for the same business went to either Roc Nation or Atlantic when Roc-A-Fella disassembled so I would probably be with one of those companies getting in where I fit in.
- Any other art related hobbies?
Drawing is my thing. I want to learn how to oil paint whenever I have the time to dedicate to it.
Short term goal:
Make more money.
Long term goal:
Make more money than that.
- Mini Portfolio: