- Current shop name/location:
Black Ink/ New York, NY
- What sparked your love of art?:
My love for comic books and cartoons made me interested in art, but my love of graffiti kept me interested.
- How long have you been tattooing?:
11 years total. 6 years trained.
- Tattoo machine (coil/rotary) of choice:
Both, coil liner and rotary shader.
- Most memorable tattoo:
My most memorable tattoo isn’t necessarily my best but I tattooed a guy who was in a bad car accident and broke his neck or something and had involuntary spasms and couldn’t stop throwing punches. I had to tie his arm to the arm rest and have his friends hold him down to finish the tattoo.
- Have you ever tattooed yourself?
Yes I have 9 times and it shows my progression as an artist. After I start the first line I always realize I should have never started.
- Any tattoos you refuse to do because of reasons like the idea/placement?:
Yes, I refuse to do tattoos that I don’t think would show my best work. Or any on dirty/stinky people who don’t shave. They can set an appointment for when they can come back fresh and prepared.
- How do you handle negative feedback?
I work hard to prove that the negative feedback isn’t who I am.
- What signature style do you think you excel in?
- What has been the biggest positive change in your life since your television appearance?
The fact that I am able to travel to other states and meet other amazing artist and improve in my talent. T.V. is temporary, tattooing is my career and I take my art seriously.
- What has been the biggest negative change in your life since your television appearance?
Where do I start… let’s just say my true work ethic is not shown until people work with me and then they understand me.
- What moment so far do you think you will never forget?
I will never forget any of it. I never expected to be in this situation. It’s all very humbling.
- If you were not a tattoo artist, what would you be?
I would probably be in the military.
- Any other art related hobbies?:
I love painting and sculpting. I also want to get back into 3D animation but it’s hard to tackle everything you want with a 2 year old daughter and a 5 month old puppy who battle for your consistent attention.
- Hobby outside of anything art related:
Singing and dancing. I’ve always wanted to be a R&B sensation. If it’s not too late.
- Short term goal:
Continue to use my platform on T.V. to build connections. Also, to work with artist and a production company where I can pitch a show and be an executive producer. I would rather be behind the scenes from now on.